Saturday 11 July 2015

Going on a road trip

Ever since I started watching Supernatural, I've had this crazy urge to go on a road trip. I'm not talking about a two hour drive to another city and back. No, I'm talking about kilometres upon kilometres of driving, driving through multiple countries, driving to new places, driving to thrilling adventures.

But where could a teenage girl, who still hasn't got her driver's license, possibly go to? Yeah, I thought so, too... Practically nowhere. 

So when my parents announced that we're going on one this week, you can imagine me going: "Yeeeess pleaaasseeeee!" I've always preferred driving over travelling by aeroplane. Driving enables you to take in the view in ways flying can't. I love that you can stop whenever you want to to capture beautiful scenery or to interact with locals and learn about other cultures. I've always been really interested in languages. I love the fact that they connect us, which, of course, is crucial when learning about new cultures and new places. I love that I get to practise these languages whilst I'm away. 

Apart from learning, road trips are great opportunities to just relax. Fortunately, I don't suffer from motion sickness, so I'll be able to catch up on my GoodReads challenge. I'm planning to take The infernal devices by Cassandra Clare with me, because I'm dying to complete this series. I adored the first instalment Clockwork Angel. I read it back in October of last year and it was exactly what I needed to read to recover from the year-long reading slump I had had prior to reading this book. I'm super excited to see how the story unfolds and what the fates of my beloved characters are. I also wanted to take The knife of never letting go by Patrick Ness with me, but I've been told that this book is emotionally draining. The last thing I need is for my parents to notice me crying in the back. "What's the matter? Are you all right? Why are you crying?" I can imagine me saying: "Er... I'm not crying, mum and dad." *Sniff* "My eyes are just sweating!" Yep, definitely something I would say. I also really want to watch some movies. This one doesn't need explaining, does it? And from time to time I'd like to just sit back, stare out of the window and listen to some music. 

I love road trips. They enable us to discover new places, to learn about the world around us, to relax and to embark on great adventures.

"Embrace the detours." 
              - Kevin Charbonneau

Yours faithfully,

Morgana

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe I sould start watching Supernatural! Maybe not though, the need to go on a long road trip would kill me since I also don't have my lisences too
    Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, stop reading this comment and start watching Supernatural right now! This show is SO good! I'm in love with it! You'll get to experience going on a road trip with Sam and Dean for the first time! Wish I could experience it for the first time again!

      Xx Morgana

      Delete
    2. I guess I will now have to watch it! I'll let you know how much I like it. Now if only I could find a way to get off blogger (That's a task itself)

      Delete
    3. Yaaaaayyy!! I'm SO FREAKING excited for you to watch Supernatural! Can't wait to hear what you think! Hahahaha I can totally relate! I spend too much time on here as well xD But it's all good as long as we're enjoying it :). Don't forget to keep me updated on all things Supernatural! Eeeeeeeeek!!! I'm so sorry... My crazy fangirl is showing.

      Xx Morgana

      Delete
  2. I've had this urge to go on a road trip too (especially after I read Paper Towns). XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to read Paper Towns for ages! Now that the movie is coming out, it just needs to happen. If you were going on a road trip, where would you go to, Nicole?

      Xx Morgana

      Delete
  3. I have never felt the urge to go on a roadtrip. I suffer from motion sickness so I can never read or watch films on car rides and my butt starts to hurt after a while. But I do like listening to music and looking out of the window, so I understand why you would want to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your motion sickness :( I hope it doesn't get too bad when you're in the car! I feel ya! We've been driving for two days now and I feel like I will never be able to sit on my behind again xD. I loovee listening to music whenever I'm in the car! Which songs do you like to listen to? Booksballetphotos, thank you ever so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I'm super glad to see you here :)

      Xx Morgana

      Delete